3 Best Gaming Laptops [TL;DR]:
- Editor’s Pick: Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501 is a quiet yet elegant beast, if you don’t mind the hefty price tag.
- MSI GS65 Stealth is a sleek modern laptop that can do more than play games, but it literally gets too hot to handle at times.
- Gigabyte Aero 15 runs an all-powerful hecta-core CPU, but has an awkward camera placement that might get in the way at times.
Gaming laptops are becoming more popular as time goes by.
Even though the power of a desktop still beats any PC-related gaming peripherals out there, the compact and lug-around-anywhere ability of the laptop makes it a better choice for gamers on-the-go.
Whether it’s for online multiplay or for a single-player game, gaming laptops are specifically made to withstand the tremendous amount of pressure that normal laptops can’t handle.
The processing speed, high graphic settings, and a high battery life, makes gaming laptops adapt a sturdier, and heavier-duty build than their normal counterparts. Not to mention, quite pricier.
But with the myriad of gaming laptops out on the market, you might be asking yourself: “Which are the best deals we can find for a gaming laptop that fits my budget, yet works amazingly well?”
Threebest.ph can help you on that. Here’s the current three best gaming laptops we found, together with their specs, price, and pros and cons.
MSI GS65 Stealth
Price point: Estimated to be around Php 122,900 to Php 172,900
MSI GS65 Stealth Specs:
- CPU: 3.9GHz Intel Core i7-8750H (quad-core, 9MB cache, up to 4.2GHz)
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB GDDR5, Max-Q)
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 (8GB x 2, 2,400MHz)
- Screen: 15.6-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080), anti-glare, wide view angle display (144Hz, 7ms response, 72% NTSC color gamut, 16:9)
- Storage: 512GB SSD (M.2)
- Ports: USB 3.1 Gen2 x 3, Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), miniDisplayPort, HDMI-out, RJ-45 Ethernet, 1/1 SPDIF (ESS Sabre HiFi)
- Connectivity: Killer N1550 Combo 802.11ac Wi-Fi (2×2 MIMO); Bluetooth 5.0
- Camera: 720p HD webcam
- Weight: 4.14 pounds (1.88kg)
- Size: 14.08 x 9.75 x 0.69 inches (357.63 x 247.65 x 17.53mm; W x H x D)
Having a sleek, 15-inch laptop with a 14-inch screen, the GS65 is capable of letting you play high-end games – and immense work productivity – worthy of its price.
Oh, and it is even part of the Nvidia Max-Q gaming laptop models, so you’d be sure that the graphics of whatever you play will be of the highest quality.
The only downside of the MSI GS65 Stealth is that for a straight gaming session, the underside might get too hot, if not placed on a well-cooled area.
Its forthcoming biometric login is also sometimes a pain, coupled with a poor native audio. But these are small things you can remedy by using external peripherals.
Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501
Price Point: Estimated to be around Php 166,499 to Php 225,571
Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501 Specs:
- CPU: 2.8GHz Intel Core i7-7700HQ (quad-core, up to 3.8GHz, 6MB cache)
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 (8GB GDDR5X VRAM); Built-in Intel HD Graphics 630
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 (2,400MHz)
- Screen: 15.6-inch, Full HD (1,920×1,080) anti-glare, wide-view panel (120Hz refresh rate with Nvidia G-Sync)
- Storage: 512GB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
- Ports: 1 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C), 4 x USB 3.0, 1 x HDMI 2.0, headset jack
- Connectivity: 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Camera: HD webcam
- Weight: 4.85 pounds (2.2kg)
- Size: 14.9 x 10.3 x 0.66-0.7 inches (37.9 x 26.2 x 1.69-1.79cm; W x D x H)
The Zephyrus GX501 has got to be the slickest gaming laptop we’ve seen. The bar it raises for thing gaming laptops is quite high. While boasting powerful hardware specs, this gaming laptop runs as quiet as a mouse, not emitting any noise while it’s operating.
The overall aesthetic of the laptop isn’t a pushover too, with a futuristic design that will surely make you proud of having one.
The only bad things on this laptop are the battery life, which is shorter than most gaming laptops out there, the poor keyboard ergonomics, and the lack of an SD card slot. Again, these things can be solved by external peripherals.
Gigabyte Aero 15
Price Point: Estimated to be around Php 126,000 to Php 148,900
Because the Aero 15 has a powerful hecta-core CPU, with a speed that reaches up to 4.1 GHz all in one compact machine. This is a gaming laptop’s power on a really high level.
Gigabyte Aero 15 Specs:
- CPU: 2.2GHz Intel Core i7-8750H (hecta-core, up to 4.1GHz)
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GXT 1060 (6GB GDDR5 RAM)
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 (2,666MHz)
- Screen: 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz LED display (Pantone calibrated), OR 15.6-inch UHD (3840 x 2160) G-Sync Adobe RGB 100%
- Storage: 512GB Crucial SATA 3 SSD or 512GB PCIe NVMe Gen 3×4 SSD
- Ports: 1 x USB-C (Thunderbolt 3), 2 x USB 3.1 (Gen 1), USB 3.1 (Gen 2), HDMI 2.0, Mini DisplayPort 1.4, UHS-II 500MB/s SD card reader, Ethernet port, 3.5mm combo audio/mic jack
- Connectivity: 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2
- Operating system: Windows 10 or Pro 64-Bit
- Camera: HD (1080p) webcam
- Weight: 4.4 pounds (2kg)
- Size: 14 x 9.8 x 0.7 inches (35.6 x 25 x 1.8 cm W x D x H)
The only drawback on this laptop, is that the webcam is placed on an awkward position below the screen.
Now that you have seen the three best laptops (worthy of their prices) do you have any comments about them? Are you looking to buy one? Feel free to tell us on the comments section down below.
- 3 Best Gaming Headsets
- 3 Best Gaming Keyboards
- 3 Best Gaming Smartphones
- 3 Best 4K Monitors
- 3 Best External Hard Drives
- 3 Best Gaming Mouse
- 3 Best Laptop Bags